With over 14 years of nursing experience in Women’s Health and as a certified pediatric sleep consultant, Colleen has a passion for working with mothers and their new babies, and helping other family members adjust to their new roles..
Colleen Newhall, MSN, WHNP-BC, RN
With over 14 years of nursing experience in Women’s Health and as a certified pediatric sleep consultant, Colleen has a passion for working with mothers and their new babies, and helping other family members adjust to their new roles.
After graduating from Villanova University with a degree in Nursing, Colleen moved back to Southern California and worked as a Registered Nurse at the prestigious Baby-Friendly Hoag Hospital – Newport Beach, in Mother-Baby. While at Hoag, she took lactation training courses to obtain expertise in helping mothers with all kinds of breastfeeding challenges. After working 5 years in the hospital, Colleen received her Master’s Degree in Nursing from California State University, Fullerton and became a Board Certified Nurse Practitioner in Women’s Health. Over the past 7 ½ years, while raising 3 young boys, she has worked at Obria Medical clinics (formerly called Birth Choice) as a Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner. Here she gained valuable experience caring for prenatal-antepartum and postpartum patients, STD prevention and treatment, gynecological examination and family planning, and she obtained skilled expertise in obstetrical ultrasound.
With all her nursing experience and personal experience, Colleen has learned that a mother’s plan doesn’t always match up with a baby’s plan and sleep plays a vital role for everyone in the family. She offers a calming, supportive and patient personality and is ready to help families bond with their new baby.
- Educating parents on proper newborn care
- Providing breastfeeding assistance and support
- Performs emotional status checks on mother, recognizing symptoms related to Postpartum depression
- Teaches mother/father bathing tips for infant
- Instructs mother/father on diaper changing, swaddling, and circumcision care
- Involves and educates family and significant others implementing best practices for mother and infant care
- Baby prep
- Infant sleep- customized sleep plan/schedule