Breastfeeding is wonderful gift, but for some new moms, its a bit difficult to get the hang of, especially when not enough milk is being produced. What can moms do to amp up their supply? How can the law of supply and demand assist our boobies?
My guest today is Becky Leonard, a Certified Lactation Education Counselor and Certified Doula. She is the owner of Nourish Baby, a company dedicated to teaching mothers everything they need to know about breastfeeding.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Our bodies are the epitome of the laws of supply and demand. The more demand you put on your body, the more milk supply it is going to make
- Why it’s important for the mom to be well nourished and taken care of because then the baby will be fed and taken care of as well. “Feed the mommy, feed the village”
- How frequently you nurse or pump can affect your supply and demand. The less demand you put on your body, the less likely it is your body will produce for baby
- The different types of herbs and tinctures that can help stimulate your milk supply
- Things that can deplete your milk supply and how to avoid them
- What can mommy eat and drink while breastfeeding?
Motherlove herbal remedies
WishGarden Herbs – “Mother’s Milk Tea”
Thank you for listening!
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the show to receive every new episode delivered straight to your podcast player of choice.
If you enjoyed this episode, please help me get the word out about this podcast. Rate and Review this show in Apple Podcasts, Stitcher Radio, or Google Play. It helps other listeners find this show.
Be sure to connect with me and reach out with any questions/concerns:
Looking forward to helping you and your family get a good night’s sleep.