From women trying to get pregnant, to women who are pregnant and new mommies, nutrition plays a key role in ensuring that mommy and baby are healthy and happy from day one. My guest in this episode is Kelly Leveque, a holistic nutritionist, wellness expert, and celebrity health coach based in Los Angeles, California. Kelly coaches mommies on how to bypass all those not-so-healthy cravings and turn them into healthier habits.
What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- How to cook healthy meals in 30 minutes and not spend the whole day in the kitchen
- What type of diet and supplements women should be taking if they are trying to get pregnant and during pregnancy
- What is the difference between Folic acid and Folate? Why is it important to know this?
- The “Fab Four”: Protein, Fat, Fiber and Greens. How these foods can turn off your hunger hormones and give your cells what they need to produce and support a new human
- Understanding how selenium in wild fish could help you with your Omega-3 intake without the fear of mercury poisoning and which type of fish provide more Omega-3’s
- Knowing the meaning of Functional Medicine and how some doctors use it as preventative medicine
- What is the difference between long-chain Omega-3 and short-chain Omega-3?
- What to look for when buying eggs
- How to combat morning sickness and some healthy alternatives
- How to incorporate more protein, fat, and hydration for breastfeeding and losing baby weight post-partum.
- Aside from nutrition, what else plays a role in helping you lose that baby weight?
- After getting the nutrition down, how you can incorporate some workouts like Pilates and Yoga to help you get back into shape while feeling great?
Kelly’s book – Body Love: Live in Balance, Weigh What You Want, and Free Yourself From Food Drama Forever
Dr. Mark Hyman and Dr. Chris Kresser – Functional Medicine
Nordic Naturals Supplements
Vital Farms eggs
Jilz gluten free crackers
New Earth supplements
Rainbow Light supplements
www.bewellbykelly.com or www.kellyleveque.com