From women trying to get pregnant, to women who are pregnant and new mommies, nutrition plays a key role in ensuring that mommy and baby are healthy and happy from day one. My guest in this episode is Kelly Leveque, a holistic nutritionist, wellness expert, and celebrity health coach based in Los Angeles, California. Kelly coaches mommies on how to bypass all those not-so-healthy cravings and turn them into healthier habits.
What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- How to cook healthy meals in 30 minutes and not spend the whole day in the kitchen
- What type of diet and supplements women should be taking if they are trying to get pregnant and during pregnancy
- What is the difference between Folic acid and Folate? Why is it important to know this?
- The “Fab Four”: Protein, Fat, Fiber and Greens. How these foods can turn off your hunger hormones and give your cells what they need to produce and support a new human
- Understanding how selenium in wild fish could help you with your Omega-3 intake without the fear of mercury poisoning and which type of fish provide more Omega-3’s
- Knowing the meaning of Functional Medicine and how some doctors use it as preventative medicine
- What is the difference between long-chain Omega-3 and short-chain Omega-3?
- What to look for when buying eggs
- How to combat morning sickness and some healthy alternatives
- How to incorporate more protein, fat, and hydration for breastfeeding and losing baby weight post-partum.
- Aside from nutrition, what else plays a role in helping you lose that baby weight?
- After getting the nutrition down, how you can incorporate some workouts like Pilates and Yoga to help you get back into shape while feeling great?
Nordic Naturals Supplements
Vital Farms eggs
Jilz gluten free crackers
New Earth supplements
Rainbow Light supplements